Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Is In The Air And Nature Give Us A Chance To See The Super Full Moon This Weekend!

Bloggers Lafayette, hit a high today of 71.8* degrees!!! Can you believe that? WOW Today really felt like Spring was in full force mode! lol. 71* degrees. Just GREAT! What nice weather for St, Patricks Day! Which I hope everyone had a great one. Even Remington, hit a high today of 71.0* degrees! WOW just amazing. We did see a few peak wind gusts this afternoon around the viewing area between 25 and 30 mph! Take a look at these wind reports.

Wind Reports.....

Lafayette, 31 mph.

Fort Wayne, 30 mph.

Kokomo, 28 mph.

Remington, 27 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the good thing about the wind is it rushed into the house if you had your windows open, (Which I'm sure a lot of you did!). Nice fresh air felt great to let into the house. Even got some spring work done. Speaking of spring! Take a look at this. I snapped a few pictures while I was out this afternoon.
Yes, the trees have been budding like crazy across the area! I don't know why but I always look for this every year come Spring time. lol. I know it's nuts haha. But it's just one of those little signs! Also I was surprised to see that the Silvermounds are already starting to come back!
Yes, my sisters pride and joy right here lol. They were so big last year and their already starting to pop back up outta the ground. There's not many of them just yet however soon enough they will be all over the place! Again it's just another sign that Spring is right around the corner. March 20th at 8:21pm EDT on the nose. So be ready to welcome it in... I have more Spring weather in the forecast! Take a look at your quick cast below.

Quick Cast.....

Friday we will see Mostly cloudy skies with a few peaks of sun not totally ruled out! However I'm still keeping around a 20% chance of a few hit and miss scattered showers through out the day. not everyone will see rain. This would be a really scattered event! Rainfall around a tenth inch or less. expect a high around 63* degrees near 70* degrees again if we do in fact see more sunshine! And a low Friday night around 37* degrees. Winds light between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday we will look for a few early morning clouds however overall we will become mostly sunny to partly cloudy through out the day. Some more clouds may try to move in later that night into Sunday. Expect a high Saturday around 58* degrees with a low that night around 51* degrees. Winds calm between 5 and 10 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now everyone! One of our very own bloggers Brow, reminds us that we have a treat from Nature coming our way by this weekend! Yes, it's the Super Full Moon! This will be the biggest moon since 1993. It's expected to look 14% bigger and 30% brighter then your average moon. And this is because it will be closer on Saturday night then it usually is.  On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.
I could continue to explain how it will be bigger and brighter or I can just show you all this video below! So take a look...


So because it has been almost 20years since this happened last I would suggest you try and get a look at it! So the next question is "Will the weather permit the super full moon view?" Well, take a look at the Saturday night forecast as of now!
That's right at this time I'm expecting Partly cloudy skies across the area during moon rise. So I believe that we should be able to get a peak at this beauty. If your somewhere that you can view the moon on the horizon then that would be BEST! It will look biggest then and that would be the best time to snap pictures! If you get any pictures I would love to post them right here on JIWB. You can send them to me at dobby1717@aol.com That's your mission bloggers! Get those pictures! ;)

That's it for now! Have a great night and an awesome Friday!

God Bless.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin, thanks for your post. I will be looking forward to Saturday to check out the moon. I don't think you're nuts for looking for the buds on the trees. I do that myself. Makes me think of new life and new beginnings. Take care and be blessed! :-) JLB

JIWB said...

That's really nice JLB! Good for you! ;)

I hope we all get a chance to see the moon!

Take care and god bless!

Justin.