Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Went Wrong?

We did wake up to some nice Spring thunder showers across the WLFI viewing area. However this was not the time I had forecasted for this system to move through! This system was moving much faster then what the weather models showed. Areas that should have picked up near a half inch only seen around a tenth inch. Take a look at this radar image taken early this morning below. You can see the heavy bands of rain in this image. Sure the rain fell rather heavy at times however it didn't last long enough for the totals to really climb. As this rain continued to push off the our north east it started to break up and become lighter. We started pulling in a lot of dry air on the back side of this storm. And we are still pulling in dry air at this time.Looking at some satellite images the clouds are even starting to break up a bit to our west! I'm even starting to see some blue skies myself. So does this mean I'm putting some sunshine in the forecast for today? I think so! We will still watch for some rain tonight and rain chances on Friday as well. But if anything this system moving much fasted then expected and then pulling in dry air has really cut back on our expected rainfall totals. You can't get every storm right I guess?!?! But will just work even harder and try better not to miss another one! lol ;) At least I can let you know why this system didn't go our way!
On a better note Brow, did snap some good pictures of this front making it's way into the Monticello, area around 8:30am EST. He seems to always have his camera with him when we need pictures the most! lol ;) Check them out below.Thanks Brow! Keep the pictures coming... I'll check back soon.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries Justin. We all know how changeable the weather can be -especially here in Indiana! As hard as it might be, I think I can take the sunshine if I have to!! :-) Thanks for the pictures Brow.....JLB

Brow said...

Just was looking at this 2nd wave coming through straight up from the south. A few hail storms reported and downpours.

You are always welcome on the photos, just glad that Justin posts them! :)