Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rain Chances Just About Everyday This Week?!?!

Well, bloggers we got a lot to talk about! First off what about the high temperatures yesterday? WOW it felt great! I recorded a high in the Lafayette area of 59.8 degrees! We may as well call that 60 degrees! Only .2 degrees off. lol. We did start off with some fog in areas. Some pretty thick fog to start things. Brow, sent me a video of his drive to work yesterday morning. He says the visibility was only around 1/4 of a mile. Take a look at this video shot by our very own Brow, below.

The good thing is he made it to work safe and sound. As long as you stay weather ready then you should be fine.
Brow, also sends us this picture above. This also really shows how things looked. And is a real nice pictures too I might add! The fog didn't start to clear until the sun came out around the early afternoon close to 1:pm or so. But once it did it became a beautiful day! We soon enough hit that high near 60 degrees and it really felt like Spring. I even got a chance to take my Rat Terrier Dobby, out for a walk around the neighborhood. And he loved it! lol. First time this year. It's been a long winter lol. But the good news for everyone ready for Spring is I'm looking for these mild temperatures to stick around for a while. Now I'm not saying we won't see anymore cool days as that is still possible! However Winter will have a hard time making a comeback. Spring is now only around 11 days off. We have already started doing some outdoor cleaning at our place! I'm sooooooooooooooo ready for the real Spring weather to kick into high gear! ;)
Now before we get to ready for Spring we do have a little rainy weather to talk about through out much if not all of this week! Yes, I'm saying we have a chance at seeing some rainfall everyday this week through the weekend. WHY? you ask? Well, take a look below.
You can see this Low pressure system in the image above. This is where the low will be today. However as this low slowly moves to the north east it will bring rain chances for us now through the weekend. Not a total washout everyday! But still light rain possible. Now as for storms! I don't see any at this time. As you can see this is mainly a warm front that will effect our area. So this should be a mostly rain event. Now areas to our south and west will have the better chances at thunderstorms with this low moving across the area. So for us between today and tomorrow I think we will keep around a 40% chance at some scattered showers possible. Rainfall between today and tomorrow as a grand total would be between a tenth inch to a quarter inch possible. We will talk about more rainfall totals to come later on this week. For now lets get through  the next few days. So for Today we will look for highs in the upper 50s once again as well as Wednesday. Winds will be between 10 and 20 mph today and 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph on Wednesday.

And last but not least I did say I would post some pictures from the AHHS "Strike Out Suffering" bowling game and here they are! This is my uncel's focus and controll as he steeped up to bowl. Notice he's going after the last three pins he couldn't knock over the first time! :) lol.
And below is both my sister and my Aunt. My Aunt being crazy and my sister being camera shy. lol I have a crazy looking family! :p ;)
We bowled at noon along with many other people. The second group would come in at 2:00pm to bowl their game. The first group raised around $1,300 Dollars. And all this goes to the animals at the AHHS. It is a great cause and I'm very proud to have been a part of it. And you can bet we will be back next year! ;)

Here are a few more pictures.
Yours Truly...
Now I had better get off here and get some things done. Enjoy the weather knowing it won't be a total washout. I think we will still be able to get outside and enjoy at times! So have a good one.....

And a big thanks to Brow, for sending in his foggy Video from the Monticello, area.

I'll check back again soon..........

2 comments:

Brow said...

Lol, sorry didn't realize that I had the radio on while recording. :p

Yeah it was pretty thick out there!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the update and the pictures, Justin. You looked like you had a great time bowling. Loved the picture of you sitting there trying to look innocent. LOL Wonder if your sister thinks so? Your aunt looks like a lot of fun also. And did I read your blog right? You're READY for Spring?? Gotcha! Take care. JLB