Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's All Part Of Spring!


Yes, you can see my bird Momo, (The Parakeet On Top) and my sisters bird Ziva, (On Bottom) really enjoying the windows being opened and the nice fresh breeze that went on yesterday! Has this weather been great or what????? Let me hear it???? :) Well, believe it or not I recorded a high yesterday in the Lafayette, area of 70 degrees!!! WOW And everyone I talked to said they really enjoyed it! I took my Rat Terrier Dobby, on another walk yesterday and he's loving it as well! ;) Sure it was a little windy to start things yesterday but with temperatures like this we can handle a little wind.

I did find some sign's of Spring while I was out and about yesterday and I had to take some pictures. I'm usually a cold weather lover but even I'm ready for Spring. Yes, JLB, you read right! lol ;) Take a look at this picture below.
You can see the trees are already starting to bud and soon enough we will be seeing the leaves develop! This is a sign of Spring I wait for every year. Soon after we see this the flowers start coming up. Mike Prangley, has already been talking about planting a garden down in the Sunshine state of FL. We will be able to do the same very soon! I think we will hit a high in the middle 60s again today with lows only falling into the middle to upper 40s. The average low for this time of year is around 30 degrees so we will be running a good 15 to 16 degrees above average at night for the next few days! But anyone who has lived in Indiana for a long time knows that usually our nice weather comes with a price! Well, that continues today. Take a look at the wet rainy mess we got in store for this afternoon.
Yes, thanks to an area of low pressure we will see some good rain showers, heavy at times move across the area starting sometime between 10:am and 1:pm EST. This is just a starting range for now. Right now I'm looking at much of the WLFI viewing area picking up between .50" and .75" inches of rainfall with some locally higher amounts possible in areas closer to the 1.00" mark. Now some stations have been talking about thunderstorms with this system and some even thinking about a slight risk for severe weather! Well, the question is "Is any of this true?" Well, I have gone through the latest storm data and from what I can see we will look for a mostly rain event however a few rumbles of thunder cannot be ruled out! But as for severe, I think we will be oak. Still to be safe I will continue to watch some of the current data off and on today to stay on top of things. If I see any major changes I will be sure to pop in and let you know! You can count on it. ;)

Here's your quick cast below.

Quick Cast..............................

Today we will see some rain showers that will be heavy at times move across the area. A few thunder rumbles will be possible but severe weather is looking slim. Rainfall will be between a quarter and a half inch possible with a few locally higher amounts near one inch possible. Winds will be breezy between 15 and 20 mph gusting to 25 mph. Highs will be in the middle to upper 60s with lows in the middle to upper 40s.

Friday we will again keep in around a 45% chance for some scattered rain showers across the area. Rainfall looking less then Thursday's with only around a quarter inch expected. Highs will be in the low 60s with lows in the low 40s. Winds will be calm between 10 and 15 mph.

Extended Outlook.
We will start to cool off a little bit as we move into the weekend. Nothing major however highs will range between the middle 40s and middle 50s as we head into next week. We will also keep rain chances in the forecast into the weekend before drying out again next week.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So take your umbrella into work as you could get wet by lunch time! Hey this is all part of Spring!

Let the rain begin!! ;)

I'll check back soon..........

3 comments:

Brow said...

Grrrr for the spam posts! Yay for our first Spring storm! :D

Anonymous said...

GRRR is right about the spam posts Brow! Your birds are cute, Justin. Yep we will have to put up with spring showers along with the spring, but that's ok.... Thanks for update. JLB

JIWB said...

Soooo Sorry about the SPAM post guys. I have taken care of it for now! I hate it just as much as you! ;) lol.

Justin.