Monday, February 8, 2010

A VERY Tricky System!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr ;)

Well, I have gone through the latest weather data and I think I'm ready to lock in a forecast. : lets just hope it holds up! ;) First off we do have a winter storm warning in effect for the Whole state of Indiana! For the WLFI viewing area this is in effect from midnight tonight to 1:pm Wednesday.

Now I want to go ahead and point out to everyone something about this storm. There is a low pressure system to our north west and also one to our south. These two pressure systems will both move in together and become one. This is what makes this system such a tricky one to forecast. Now the National weather service is talking about a possible 6" to 9" inch range for our area. Other stations are calling for a 6" to 8" inch range. However like last time after looking through all my weather models I just don't see anything that will make me go that high at this time! I'm not sure why I'm the only one not seeing nine inches in our area. But I'm not going to go against what my data tells me. I have to go with what "I" see and not what others see. I just want everyone to know that!

Now lets get started.

I can say that I have around a 70% chance of at least 4" inches. However only around a 10% chance at 8" inches. So whats my range I'm looking at? Well, my data tells me to go with a 4" to 6" inch range with another possible half inch on top of whatever we may get, come closer to Wednesday, so that's what I'll go with. I do see the winds being a threat with this storm. We will start out with some calmer winds however as we head into Tuesday evening we will see those winds start to pick up! We will see them gusting around 30 mph by Tuesday night into Wednesday so be ready! This will make some good sized snow drifts! I look for this snow to really try and start closer to midnight tonight and 1:00am. Driving will be dangerous so be sure to stay tuned to JIWB and also always keep checking with the National weather service for all the latest watches and warnings that may be posted through out time.

For now this is what my data says and I know it goes against all the other weather stations, but I have to go with what I see.

Stay safe bloggers. I'll check back as needed.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep Justin looks like we are in a dry slot. Sun is shining with about 2 1/2 inches of snow. Ugh

Brow said...

Justin, I just sent you a pic of my cars when I was cleaning them off this morning...nothing spectacular yet but I hope things start picking up!

Anonymous said...

I think you were right on the nose on this one.....sun tryn to come out and the radar shows nothing more to head this way all going into Ohio...wow and they might not have had the warnings that we have had oh my