Friday, February 5, 2010

Slick & Snowy Report...

Roads are starting to get really really slick at this time! I have had reports of reduced visibility while driving and roads starting to ice over. If your planing on heading out tonight or early morning please be extra careful and allow extra time to get from point "A" to point"B". Stay smart and stay safe!!!

It's been snowing in Lafayette, since 9:50am est this morning. We have had times where it has snowed harder then others however with it falling as a wet heavy snow we have not seen to much of it blowing around. However all that could change come later on tonight. Here is a look at US52 south. This pictures was of how things looked earlier this afternoon. This pictures is thanks to my Aunt.You can see where visibility was reduced at times with nothing but white. Blowing and drifting tonight will make driving on roads like this tricky! Currently Lafayette, has around 3.1" inches of snow on the ground. However that is adding together both old and new snowfall! But that doesn't matter. What we want is the new snowfall total! And Lafayette, is currently looking at around 1.9" inches at this point and time. Brow, be sure to keep up posted with your snowfall as well as all my other weather bloggers. We need to stay on top of things! ;)

Roads are really starting to develop some slick slush in spots so be sure to drive safe and allow extra time! I still like my 3" to 5" inch range. Stay safe and I'll have more pictures and final snowfall amounts posted by some time tomorrow.....

See you then!

3 comments:

brow said...

I know that it's late and all but I am still watcing the snow come down. Actually, it's really not coming down, it blowing sidewyas!

I just noticeda big tree branch down in my front lawn and now all side walks have vanished. I wasn't able to go outside but if I had to guess, we are at about 1.5" here in monticello. It really the wind that is stirring things up right now.

heading to bed now and hope to see some sledding conditions when I wake up!

brow said...

lol sorry for all the bad typos...posting from my phone

JIWB said...

Thanks Man. Keep the reports comming. I'll have snowfall totals posted later on sometime this afternoon or so. Roads are gonna be slick to start things so be "Careful".

Thanks for everyone's reports!

Justin.