Monday, February 15, 2010

Lafayette, Comes In With 1" Inch Of Snow!

First off bloggers I want to say I'm sorry for the lack of updates on this system. I wanted to run another update last night however we was laying new carpet in the house and time got away from me! But I'm here and and thought I would pop in before I have to head out to my neighbors to work for her.

So Lafayette, has already picked up 1" inch on the nose at this time. In my last update I had the WLFI viewing area in the snow showers range with an inch closer to the Indianapolis area. Well for once a system moved more north to give us a slight bit more! No it's not much but about a half inch more then first thought. (Not bad). I have gone through more model data and right now the MOS models are showing a snowfall range between a trace and 2" inches possible. Right now we fall right in the middle of that call with 1" inch. Pretty close! ;) Take a look at my local radar below.
This image was taken at 10:10am EST this morning. You can see what has already went through the area. This snowfall is now moving to our east. We will still see a few hit and miss snow showers off and on now through parts of Tuesday. Here you can see why below.
Just look to the northwest of Lafayette, and you'll see what I'm talking about. All that snow to our northwest is working like a clipper system that will bring snow showers off and on to the area. Minor accumulation would be expected.

Now even though this is only a inch of snow we have on the ground, it is still enough to cause some driving problems or even problems walking on sidewalks. This is enough to make things very slick in spots so please be vary careful while out and about!

Thanks for reading! I'll check back again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b]Дополнительная батарея для Rikaline GPS-6033[/b]

[url=http://info.je1.ru/GPS_081.html]Подробнее...[/url]