Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Have Seen Some Signs Of Spring! But Not Before Another Winter Weather Event Trys To Take Place Over The Indiana Area By This Weekend!

Well, we have two systems to watch starting this weekend and then another by the start of the work week. These systems currently look to give us a little taste of everything. Yes, this means Rain, Snow, and a Mixed, precipitation. What a mess we have in store that's for sure!


We hit a high yesterday of 34.7 degrees which a lot of people enjoyed! I was talking with one of my neighbors who said "We should have this snow gone in no time with these nicer temperatures" However I had to let her know about the wild weather on the way by this weekend! :) She wasn't to happy to hear about that! lol. However Cold weather aside for a minute, I may be on to something that all the bloggers waiting for Spring to arrive may like! Believe it or not I have seen a big increase in the Spring time insects. Yes, the little black ants and also spiders! YUCK!!!! I don't like bugs one bit lol but this could be a sign that spring is just around the corner!
Yes, Spring will be here before you know it! Spring is next month! It is on the 20th so be sure to mark your calender!! The count down begins! ;) Soon we will be watching the squirrels of Indiana jumping over our flowers lol. I have already seen some of the trees starting to bud around town. Yes, the signs are all around us.



You can send me your sings of Spring pictures at storm18mini@aol.com


Now let's check out what we have to look forward to by this weekend...You can see that I'm expecting the first storm to move in closer to Late Late Friday night into early Saturday morning. This system I'm currently expecting to bring in some snow showers with some light accumulation. Right now snowfall amounts are still a little tricky to call or set in stone however I will go ahead and give an idea range. Between 1" and 2" inches. And this will most likely change by my next update and things become more clear with the weather models! So be sure to check back for the latest! ;)

The next system would be Later on Sunday night into Monday. This is when we could see a bit of everything in the form of rain, snow, and mixture. This is a system we will have to watch closely as things continue to develop over time. I'll keep you posted..

In other weather events people were checking out the sky in areas of Arizona, the other night to see both Venus and Jupiter in the glow of the sunset skies! Take a look at this story below.

DIFFICULT, BUT BEAUTIFUL: Last night, Venus and Jupiter converged for a remarkable conjunction; at closest approach, the two bright planets were only 1/2-degree apart. Just one problem. The meeting occured deep in the glow of sunset:The event required crystal-clear skies for easy visibility. "Here in Arizona, we were able to see Venus and Jupiter with the naked eye," reports David Harvey from Tucson. "I shot the moon a few minutes after Jupiter set and inserted it for scale. It was a beautiful view."

Elsewhere, viewing the conjunction was more of an adventure. Some photographers conducted car chases to find gaps in clouds, while others climbed to rooftops for a better angle.

Lafayette, IN, seen something close this this site earlier last year. When both the Moon and Jupiter was going to be side by side. We was able to view them both with the naked eye and let me tell you it was beautiful. You can see this image I took that night last year below.Well, bloggers I'm going to get off here and go enjoy the day! You do so as well! ;) Thanks for reading and I'll check back with more on these two developing systems again soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Justin, thank you for trying to encourage me by talking about spring!!:-) Love the picture of the squirrel. I am so NOT looking forward to any ice but March is getting closer. Grandkids got a snowmobile and have decided all this snow isn't so bad after all!! LOL. Take care Justin. JLB