Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Total Snowfall Up To This Point! And A Look At The Before And After!!

Well, bloggers how have things been? We have a lot of weather to talk about today that's for sure! We have rain on the way with a little freezing rain possible! But the good news about the freezing rain is I don't look for much. I really don't see anything over a tenth inch in the way of ice. But before that I wanted to talk about something else first! Spring is coming up believe it or not on March 20th. So I thought we would go ahead and take a quick look at how much snowfall I have recorded here in Lafayette, up to this point. Brow, sends in this picture below from our last six inch snowfall we seen on January 7th.
Alright lets take a look at the average yearly snowfall total for the WLFI viewing area. Average yearly snowfall total around 26.2" inches. Our current yearly snowfall total is around 12.76" inches. This means we are still a good 13" to 14" inches below our average yearly total. However there is still a lot of winter left! But with all these above freezing temperatures it's been hard to get any snow. I mean we are about to track some rain / freezing rain later on tonight into tomorrow! Crazy! groundhog day is also coming up on the 2nd. Do you think we will see six more weeks of winter? I sure hope so! We need to catch up on our total. :)
.
Quick Cast................................................
.
Thursday we will see some light rainfall move into the WLFI viewing area along with some light freezing rain possible. Now some of the WLFI viewing area counties are under a winter weather advisory. Here are the current counties. Warren, Fountain, Montgomery, Benton, Newton, and Jasper counties. This has been put into effect because of the threat of some freezing rain. Good news is I look for this to be a mostly rain event. So ice accumulation will be on the light side. Less then a tenth inch. Rainfall will also be rather light between a quarter and "Maybe" a half inch. Highs will be in the upper 30s to low 40s. Lows will be in the low 30s. Winds between 10 and 15 mph gusting between 20 and 25 mph possible.
.
Friday we may start out with some really light hit and miss scattered showers in the early morning however I'm not seeing it last all day! So rainfall will be less then a tenth inch. We will see mostly cloudy to partly cloudy skies by that evening. Highs will be in the upper 30s with lows in the upper 20s to low 30s. Winds will be between 5 and 10 mph with gusts to 15 mph possible!
.
Now as for when will the cooler temperatures try and make a comeback? Well at this time it's looking like we may start to get back to around average which is the lower 30s by sometime next week. With more chances at mixed precipitation by the late weekend. Yes, it could be a nasty start to the work week. And by nasty I mean wet! I'll keep you posted. I'm looking forward to the cold weather returning next week! :)
.
Now as you all know we have been doing lots of home improvement this whole month. Well yesterday we pretty much finished up the Kitchen. There are still a few things that need to be done however I think the worst is over. I do have some before and after pictures to show you all below. This is the counter tops we put on yesterday. It was a pain in the Butt however it looks really nice! Take a look below.
In this picture above if you look you can see the floor I put in. I love that wood look. Also the new doors under the sink. It's really coming along.This above is where we boxed in the top for extra space. Then added a border. This came out better then I first thought. Now below is a look at some of what we have done in the front room. Sorry I don't have any before pictures. But the after looks better anyway! lol :)I have to say this is one of my favorite parts. Yes, the fireplace. All repainted and looks even better in person!Also one of our favorite walls. Can you really have a favorite wall? lol :)
And last but not least.....
.
We still need to get new carpet and a few other things however it is really coming along. And as you all can see we really have been busy. But we are making great time. I hope you all enjoyed this look into my new better looking home.
.
I'll check back again soon..........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy you have been busy! Looks nice!
Is getting icy out there!

JIWB said...

First off a thank you to the poster above!

And I'm just popping in real fast to let you all know that yes, it is getting slick outside. There's not much ice however what little bit that's out there will make things slick in spots. My forecast is still the same as in ice accumulation. (Not much) However still allow extra time in the morning just to be on the safe side!

Please and thank you!

Stay S-A-F-E!!

Justin.

Anonymous said...

Is terrible out there, trees and power lines are covered with ice! Wind is blowing, and I can here the trees and power lines crackling!

I had to run to the store, main roads are ok, side roads are treacherous! There have been 3 minor accidents near my home already!

BE SAFE EVERY ONE!

Brow said...

Good work on the house! Isn't it fun? We just made over on of our bathrooms and its like night and day.

Just makes for better living when you have something "fresh" to look at.