Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blogger "Q" And "A" ;)

Special Blogger "Q" And "A" Update...

Anonymous said...
Hey Justin, Its still snowing out here in the Mulberry- Dayton area and on the radar it shows nothing. Can you tell me why?
January 7, 2010 9:34 PM


Well, Anonymous, this is a good question! And I think I can answer it! Believe it or not many radars that most people use sometime don't pick up some precipitation. In this case the snow precipitation was really light! So using some national radars such as Intellicast, or accuweather, ect, it doesn't always show up! That or most radars will pick it up as ground clutter or a light mist. Take a look at this image below.
This radar image was taken around the time you posted your question. As you can see my radar did in fact pick up some really light precipitation over the Clinton, county / mulberry, area. It is in fact showing up extremely light! however it's still there. And also when we have snow like what we have now and by that I mean a really "Light Fluffy Snow" these 10 to 15 mph winds we have been seeing tend to blow it around and can make it look like its snowing heavy at times! All these factors come into play. But my guess as to why you didn't see snow on the radars is because of the type of radar you were viewing, and also that the precipitation was to light for most radars to pick up! :)

Thank you for your question! And I hope this helps! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, in town we lucked out so far with strong winds, but wow its cold, and only to get colder, yuck.

Many school closings, my daughter is on a delay.

My black lab is loving this snow, I cant get him to come in! He is making tunnels all through the back yard, I think he is looking for the chew toy he snuck out with yesterday morning. Going to be a while before he finds it LOL!

All stay safe and enjoy your day!

Teri in Laf