Monday, December 28, 2009

The Snowfall Numbers Are In!

Radar image below was taken at 11:19am EST this morning.
You can see we have had some more light snow showers move into the WLFI viewing area today however they are currently to the east of the viewing area closer to the Marion, area. And then also snow to our north as seen in this image below.

Radar image taken at 11:19am EST this morning.Now we may still see a few light scattered snow showers move into the area however nothing will add up to anything as it would be really light. However I cannot rule it out. Our main thing to talk about today is the cold temperatures and wind chills outside! Yes, I have been recording temperatures right around 27 and 28 degrees however with winds blowing around 10 mph we have been feeling around 16 and 17 degrees! I went out earlier and had two sets of gloves on and my hands were still Freezing! But I LOVE this kind of weather! ;)

Real quick let's take a look at all the final snowfall totals from around the area after yesterday's snowfall.

Logansport, 4.0" Inches

Attica, 4.0" Inches

Rensselaer, 3.5" Inches

Remington, 3.5" Inches

Lafayette, 3.4" Inches

Otterbein, 2.8" Inches

You can see that Logansport, and Attica, comes in with some of the highest numbers around the area with around four inches of snowfall after everything was said and done. This has been our biggest snowfall of the season so far! And I'm ready for more! Bring it on Father Winter! :) lol.

Stay warm bloggers. I'll check back later on tonight with more.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winds are picking up and really blowing the snow around! Temp is 28 where I am located.

Hope roads are not bad tomorrow, I go into the Hospital for a medical procedure, then Back on Wed. for major surg. Will be in the hospital 4-7 days. I wont be able to track the weather, or do much at all, ugh!

Teri in Laf.

Anonymous said...

Oh and Justin, have fun with your weather station, you will love it!

Teri