Monday, December 28, 2009

Icy Roads This Morning! Take It S-L-O-W!

Snow was the big story yesterday as it fell all day long! I myself really enjoyed just sitting by my window watching it as it accumulated. I did get some time outside in the snow enjoying, and also I was up outside after dark putting up my newest weather tools! Such as my new professional wireless weather center! Yes, my family got me an awesome gift! lol You can always tell us weather geeks! :) HA HA we always get some kind of weather tool as a gift! Which is always fine with me ;)

Now back to the weather talk. Lafayette, Indiana picked up a good 3.45" inches of snow from yesterdays system. This is our biggest snowfall of the season as of right now. Roads are still very slick this morning so I ask you all once again to please (Drive slow and allow extra time) With lows last night dropping into the low teens anything on the roads most likely has frozen into an ICY MESS!! If you don't have to go out this morning then stay home. However I know many of you can't do that. So please be careful!

I'll try to check back later on this afternoon with more snowfall totals from around the WLFI viewing area.
Now did you all enjoy your Christmas? My family and I had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas day! And I have to say it was nice to get back to the Blog and see all the Nice Christmas wishes from my Favorite weather bloggers! As you can see in this picture above my sisters Chihuahua, Willie, was loving his gifts he got for Christmas. And also my Rat Terrier, Dobby below.
It didn't take long for Dobby, to go crazy over his stuff and start playing and chewing on the bones. lol I no sooner got his toys out of the packs and he started in.
We always have our dog's Christmas on Christmas Eve. It's just something we have always done and they seem to like it. I mean they're family to right? :) Even my and my sisters Parakeets got into it. Those birds are crazy! If anyone has ever had a parakeet then you know what I'm talking about. My parakeet has a mind of his own and he tells me what to do lol. It's like I'm his pet Ha Ha :) Just look at them below playing on the new swings they got for Christmas.
All and all it was a great time! We did nothing but lough with my Aunt and Uncle playing games half the night. And my Grandmas food was amazing!! And to answer Teri's question about if my cakes tasted as good as they looked? Well, all I can say is that nothing was left of them. They didn't make it past the 26th. lol. I'll take that as a good thing! ;)

So did anyone else get any weather tools for Christmas? Us weather geeks need to stick together lol :)

Now let's get to your quick cast blog cast below and see what's in store for the next two days!

Quick Cast.................................

Today we will look for mostly cloudy skies to over take the WLFI viewing area. We may see a few light scattered snow showers move in from the west as the day goes on however I don't look for any accumulation like what we seen yesterday. Maybe a dusting but not much more then that. Highs will reach into the low 20s with lows falling into the middle teens. Winds will be a little blustery between 15 and 20 mph with a few gusts to 25 mph possible. Wind chill for the daytime high will feel around 11 to 13 degrees. Wind chill for tonight will feel around 5 degrees or so.

Tuesday we will look for some partly cloudy to mostly clear skies as a high pressure system moves into the area. We will look for highs in the low 20s once again with lows falling into the low to middle teens. Winds will be more calm between 10 and 15 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So bloggers remember to be careful on the roads this morning and allow extra time! Becky, be careful on your route and stay safe!

I'll check back soon..........

No comments: