Monday, December 21, 2009

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF WINTER!!

Happy Winter bloggers!! It will be officially winter at 12:47pm EST this afternoon. Nature has had winter here the past few days with all the snow flurries and showers
however I'm ready for MORE SNOW! HEAVY SNOW! But will we see any soon? Not looking likely. :( :( :( We will see a few more scattered snow showers move in later on today / tonight from another Alberta clipper however I look for another half inch or less like what we seen last night. Lafayette picked up another Half inch. That brings our yearly snowfall total at this time to a low 1.27" inches. COME ON FATHER WINTER!!!! WE WANT SNOW!

Now I know Christmas is around four day away and everyone has been watching this developing system over Christmas eve, and Christmas. Will we see our first good white Christmas in three years? I have to tell you our temperatures look like they may cut it back big time. :( We will see precipitation that's for sure. We will see a little rain, mixture, and then a little snow on the back side. We may see mostly mixed precipitation. ((And another)) :( :( :( If we are to get lucky and all the precipitation falls as snow which at his time is not looking likely! We would have seen a major snow maker dropping a HUGE 5" to 7" +++ Inches. However not I'm not seeing that do to temperatures being above freezing at this time. :( Right now I still think we will see snow however not a big snow.

But remember it is still four days away and I'll continue to watch this closely. All we need is to stay around freezing to a few degrees below freezing and all this will change BIG TIME! So it's still to close to call. And I'm not going to give any expected amounts or my final call until I have to. And right now I still have time.

Stay tuned bloggers. I'll check back soon.....

White Christmas chance is still around a 40% to 50% chance. It's just to close to call at this time! KEEP PRAYING!


God please bring us a White Christmas this year filled with Family and Joy!

MERRY CHRISTmas! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things can change at anytime. A white Christmas would be nice.

Thanks Justin!

Anonymous said...

Hey justin,,,, please keep us informed as much as possible.. ( which i know you do ) we all have to stick together on this and pray for a white christmas.... i was in Lafayette today, and believe it or not monticello actually has a sight bit more snow on the ground then you do.. take care..... Becky

Anonymous said...

Ugh, watching the weather channel, a special statement across the screen. Icy conditions for north or I74, for the next few days, but warrants watching. Oh my