Thursday, November 5, 2009

What's The Deal With This The Crazy Mild Temperatures I Hate So Much? Where's The Cold And Snow?

No rain in the forecast for a while. However I'M sad to say we will see yet another warm up :( I'M so tired of warm / mild weather. I really need to move to places like northern Michigan, where they see lots of cold and lake effect snow in the winter. They have had many winter where they have had to dig out of ten inches or more do to lake effect snow! That's what I need. That and bitter cold temperatures! Call me crazy I still L-O-V-E it.

Quick Cast..............................


Today we will see slightly warmer temperatures with lots of clear skies over the WLFI viewing area. Highs will be in the middle to upper 50s with lows tonight in the middle to upper 30s. Winds will be average between 10 and 20 mph. We can expect more leaves to fall and more raking needed to be done as we are past our Autumn peak.


Friday will be nice clear skies for my birthday however I would much rather have -20 degrees with a foot or more of snow like we just covered above lol. That would be the BEST B-DAY GIFT EVER! Yes, I like to think big! :) We will see highs in the upper 50s to low low 60s. Lows will be in the middle to upper 30s. Winds calm between 10 and 15 mph.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I'M starting to get nervous with this winter's outlook. Sure I have seen many black wolly worms like this one I seen a week ago below.
However the maps for the next 6 to 10 days are showing above average temperatures. The 8 to 14 day maps are showing around normal temperatures. Then the one month outlook is showing equal days of above and below average temperatures. As well as the three month outlook. Could this be another long term forecast that will change like they usually do within the next few days? Or will we see yet another Up and Down winter? I remember the blizzard of 2007 when we had an La-Nina jet stream which really helps us see a snowy winter as the storm track usually sets up over our area bringing our snowstorms up from the south west. When we have a snowstorm coming from the south west is when we usually see our BIG snows. Just like last year when we picked up a quick 5" inches. You all remember! We was up late in the midnight hours tracking on Mike Prangley's blog.


This year we are looking at a weak El-Nino which can make us see a more mild winter. Ughhhhhhhh I hate the words Mild and Winter used together! ;) Makes me MAD! All I can say is we need to keep watching this El-Nino and hope it starts to weaken. Then we still have a chance! I'll keep you posted.....

And last but not least do forget to look up at midnight and watch the meteor shower. Here's all the info below.....

TAURID METEOR SHOWER: Earth is entering a stream of debris from periodic Comet 2P/Encke, and this is causing the annual Taurid meteor shower. The shower has a broad maximum lasting from Nov. 5th through 12th. At most, only about 5 Taurids per hour streak across the sky, but what they lack in number they make up for in dazzle. Taurid meteors tend to be fireballs, very bright and slow. Look for them falling out of the constellation Taurus during the hours around midnight. [sky map]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Indian summer, too bad Justin:) I remember all the snow tracking! Once in a while I go back to Mike's old blog and read what the weather was like on certin date last year. Glad he still has it up!

Good day to hang clothes on the line.

Enjoy the warm all, you too Justin ;)

Teri

Anonymous said...

Love the turkey.