Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Snow Tracking, Christmas Shopping, And Turkey Cooking OH MY!

Alright here is the latest as of now on your Thanksgiving day forecast! Now as you can see I'm putting in the possibility at some mixing of rain and snow at times for parts of the WLFI viewing area. This doesn't mean we will only see the mix! I'm just doing it this way to be safe. Everyone has something different this time around when it comes to temperatures. And the temperatures are going to play a BIG part in rather we see all flurries or a sight mix. I'm still going with my high in the upper 30s and low in the upper 20s. And only one other station agrees with me and that's the sky track network. If you pull up any other site they all pretty much have the same and that's highs in the low 40s and low in the low 30s. which is why they won't rule out a mixture. I on the other hand have the 850mb model showing highs in the upper 30s with the MOS model showing highs in the low 40s. This is the reason I won't rule out a mixture just yet! But remember I have a few more hours for this to change again and I will try my best to pop in later on tonight with the latest! ;)

I'm going to be out today heading to IL, with my Dad. Good news is I wont be gone long. Leaving around 5:30AM and expected to be back here around noon or 1:00pm EST. I'm just tagging along for the ride you could say! Then I got some Christmas shopping to do when I gt back with my family and friend Heidi who will be coming in for Thanksgiving. After we get them all rapped up and ready to go we will be popping in the Turkey for a long night of cooking! Last year my whole family fell asleep on my but my sister. So I got stuck cooking the turkey! ;) The good news is I'm ready to go this year! It's going to be a long day but I'm ready to go. So I had better get going. I will catch you all here again later on tonight between turkey basting with another look at the Thanksgiving day forecast! Until then here's a little quick something about Thanksgiving below..........

Gotta Run! And thanks for reading! I WILL check back ;)Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. It is a holiday celebrated primarily in Canada and the United States. While perhaps religious in origin, Thanksgiving is now primarily identified as a secular holiday.

The date and location of the first Thanksgiving celebration is a topic of modest contention. The traditional "first Thanksgiving" is the celebration that occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621. The Plymouth celebration occurred early in the history of what would become one of the original thirteen colonies that became the United States. The celebration became an important part of the American myth by the 1800s.[citation needed] This Thanksgiving, modeled after celebrations that were commonplace in contemporary Europe, is generally regarded as America's first. Elementary school teacher Robyn Gioia has argued that the earliest attested "thanksgiving" celebration in what is now the United States was celebrated by the Spanish on September 8, 1565 in what is now Saint Augustine, Florida. Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and
set up my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my blog ... daytime tv

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
It is the little changes which will make the largest changes.
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Check out my blog post :: water vacuum on tv