Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snow Flurries On Thanksgiving? I'm Keeping A 30% To 45% chance!

Hello bloggers the holidays are coming fast!!!! And right now the question everyone wants to know is " Will we see snow flurries on Thanksgiving?" My answer at this time is we have a 45% chance at seeing some white stuff flying through the air! No it will not be heavy however it is still looking likely. I have many models showing the first snow chances below.
This first models is showing that any precipitation to fall in the Indiana area will most likely fall as snow. All the blue shaded areas is where the chance of snow is at currently. And this is not the only snow model! I love to use BUFKET in the winter as it is so good at fine tuning the snow forecast. Take a look at this.
It's a little fuzzy but you can still see the first blue bars of the season showing up good right around 7:00am EST Thursday just in time for Thanksgiving! We have been talking about a big cool down in time for Thanksgiving for the past two weeks and I'm very proud that my forecast has held true up to this point! But it is not set in stone until it comes. The 540 line will move well to our south by Wednesday night into Thursday so the next question is "What will the WLFI viewing area temperatures be?" Well, as I have said many times before the MOS models have been running a good five degrees above what the real time temperature has been reaching! At this time I believe I'm the only one calling for temperatures to not get out of the upper 30s! This doesn't agree with the MOS models ether. However yesterday the MOS models were calling for temperatures on Thanksgiving to be around 47 degrees. Well they have dropped that to 44 degrees over night! I have been watching this all week and the MOS models have continued to drop these temperatures day by day! So I'm sticking with my gut and calling for a high temperatures on thanksgiving of around 37 degrees. Lows below freezing!

So to break it down here is the current Thanksgiving day forecast for the WLFI viewing area.

I think we will keep around a 30% to 45% chance of some scattered snow flurries across the area. I don't expect to see anything stick at this time as the ground is just still to warm. However we may get to watch some flurries fly! I think highs will be in the upper 30s around 37 degrees and lows that night will fall below freezing maybe in the upper 20s near 28 or 29 degrees. give or take. Winds will be between 10 and 15 mph with a few gusts to 20 mph possible.

And I WILL have another tweaked Thanksgiving day forecast posted here tomorrow this way if anything changes we will be ON TOP OF THING! ;)
Now with Thanksgiving being the real start to the holiday season the Indiana people are not the only ones getting ready! You can see my boy Memo, above playing in the Christmas tree. This is now one of his favorite things to do EVERY DAY! Now I wonder how upset he may get come time to take in down lol.

Also my grandmas doggie Paris, loves to sleep under the tree. Isn't this just like in the old black and white movies when you see grandma sitting by the fire place with her little dog under the tree lol :)
I just thought that was to cute to pass up! And another one of my favorite things about thanksgiving is we usually have all the Christmas stuff up around not only the inside but also the outside of the house. As you all know these are my two favorite holidays so you know my sister and I were out until dark putting up all the light!
Let me point out there are many more however they wouldn't all fit into the shot lol. I say every year "I'm going to cut back this year for sure!" And it never really happens. Ha Ha :) Oh well. It looks good and everyone in my family likes it.

So I hope I started you all out on the right foot for this holiday season! I will check back tomorrow with more fine tuned details on Thanksgiving's forecast. If anything changes you will be able to hear all about it here on JIWB.

Happy Thanksgiving! And have safe travel EVERYONE! Drive safe and be safe.....

No comments: