Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Detailed Friday Forecast And A Sneak Peak Into Halloween..... A Forecast You Don't Want To Miss!

Hey bloggers. I'M back with a full weather update and we will talk details about Fridays forecast. I can tell you it is looking WET AND WINDY!!!!! That is for sure. I have some weather models I would like to show you however I will break them down and everyone will be able to understand what I'M talking about / showing you. I promise ;)

First off let me go ahead and let you all know about today's outlook as well, as Thursday. Today we will be looking for a few left over showers to finish moving through the area this early morning. As we head into the early noon hours we will see things start to look better with mostly to partly cloudy skies. This will hold up into Thursday.

Thursday we will see skies really try and clear out with partly to mostly clear skies over the WLFI viewing area. With clear skies like this we will see highs kick up to the upper 60s near 70°F degrees. This will be a nice treat you many of you. We will however see clouds slowly move in later on Thursday night into Friday. That is when we will see things really kick up! Take a look at this below.You see that low pressure system to the north of this image, (Look just north of MN) This is what will cause many of our problems this Friday. You can see as this low pressure system moves north of our area we will see these isobars get really close together. As many of you know when we see isobars packed like this it can only mean one thing! You guessed it. WIND! However you can also see in this GFS model, All the cooler temperatures to the west of Indiana, just inching there way closer and closer. Once the cold front finally makes it's move on us after Friday we will see temperatures fall from the low 60s to the middle 50s to the low 50s to the upper 40s in a matter of three or four days.
As for the wind issue we can see above that we will need to tie things down! I know this model is a little hard to read / see because I had to make it smaller to fit in the blogger box. However I will tell you what we are looking at! You can see the Yellow to light orange colors over the Midwest area. This is where Indiana / Lafayette, is. What this model is showing us is the possibility for 40 to 45 knot winds. Which when in Mph becomes between 46 and 52 mph winds! And this 850 mb model is not the only one calling for high gusty winds at this time. I also have Bufkit models showing me winds gusting between 40 and 45 mph on Friday. As you all know this is not set in stone at ALL! However I just wanted to show you all what I have been looking at the past few days.

And if this windy mess is not enough then take a look at what I got for you below.Yes, with all the blowing wind I also have current expected rainfall between a Half and one inch. However at this time it is "Very" possible for it to go higher. It's just at this time calling for more would be a stab in the dark. It's still to early. But I think this is a good starting point for rainfall amounts on Friday. I will continue to watch this developing system as well as continue to keep you all posted with the latest! This is just a post of what we are currently looking at. I expect things to change as it gets closer and that is why I'M here! To let you know the changes.....

Now last but now least lets take a quick sneak peak into the Halloween forecast. Is it a trick or a treat? Halloween is looking like a treat this year for a change! Currently looking rather dry after Fridays storm pushes off to the east. Winds will die down and we will look for some mostly to partly cloudy skies. The main thing we need to check on is the temperatures right? For all the trick or treater's. Well, highs I think will range in the upper 50s with a low that night in the low 40s. Maybe a light jacket for the younger kids. I also forecast lots of Fun and Candy. Now that is a forecast we can count on! lol. :)

Thanks for reading bloggers. I will check back soon..........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not like the looks of this set up! My this has been a windy year!

However the warmer temps have been wonderful.

Oh an cute pice of the dogs!

Teri

Anonymous said...

Dumped out .31 inches rain this morning and am reporting heavy fog up here.

MA in REM