Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looking At Old Posts. Thank You All For Everything!

Well, Bloggers I want to give you all reading a BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!! Why you ask?? Well, my sister was just going through some of my old post before I switched to wordpress and was reading some of your wonderful comments! I just wanted to really let you all know how much I love your kind words and your love for this blog. Remember this blog would be NOTHING without all you guys and girls. Without you it would just be a blank site of weather. I would be talking to myself lol. :) You all love this blog so much and I really really really want to thank you all for everything. For all your support, for all your comments, and most of all for reading, You bloggers really are the best there is.

I remember when I first started out on Mike Prangley weather blog. I had went to WLFI to see Mike for my 15th birthday. My Aunt set it up. A thanks to her. Mike was more then happy to have me come in for the 5:00pm news. He showed me everything he did and all the amazing weather tools. I always had a spark for earth science however Mike really got me into it and after that evening I knew this is what I want to do! After that I came back home and just read his blog for the first few months. After that small earthquake we had. I think you all remember?!?! :) That is when I first posted. I had so many stories from my neighbors I had to post them. The funny thing is I slept right through it lol :) Anyway, That is when I started posting on mikes blog. After I seen how much fun blogging was and how much I enjoyed talking about weather with all you I thought I would start my own blog. It was around six months before anyone from Mikes blog found me because I did not want to post the link on his blog. After all that is "His Blog" Not a place I wanted to post mine. I felt that would be taking from him and I would NEVER do that!

Finally some one found me lol. After Mike had to move I felt it was up to me to help keep everyone posted in storms with everything I know from Mike and many many books lol. I know WLFI still has a blog up and going however we where all the Prang Gang and we all feel like we know each other. I felt it was the right thing to do. I guess what I'M saying is I want you all to know how much you Bloggers mean to me. When I seen how many posted and really cared about this blog I now know I cannot quit anytime soon :) And I wont! Just reading those comments makes me feel AMAZING! For being 16 and home schooled this blog is a big deal to me. And it has become much bigger then I ever thought it would! Never would I have thought so many of you from Mikes blog would follow me.

((Thank You))

Now because of all this nice weather we have seen and will continue to see this week I will just do a quick cast and also I have a Beautiful picture to show you all! And I will get to that here in just a minute. First it is quick cast time.....

Quick Cast Blog Cast.

Today we have more sunny skies with nice cool to mild temperatures. We will see highs in the middle to upper 70s with lows in the upper 40s still. I would keep out an extra throw blanket on the bed for at least one more night! Winds calm between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday highs will be in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s. We will see some Mostly sunny skies with a few high clouds not being ruled out. Rain continues to stay away. Winds will be light, Really light between 3 and 5 mph. We will be seeing temperatures this week right where they should be for this time of year which is right around 81* to 82* degrees.

Now here is the beautiful picture I wanted to show you all below.

On August 30th, a gust of solar wind hit Earth and sparked auroras so bright they were visible in arctic twilight. This is what the sky looked like over Tromso, Norway:
"What a pleasure to be outdoors on a late-summer evening with a warm breeze and the auroras dancing overhead," says photographer Kjetil Skogli. "I took the picture using a Canon 5D Mark II." More auroras are in the offing. A solar wind stream is heading for Earth and it could spark a geomagnetic storm when it arrives on Sept. 3rd or 4th. Residents of Alaska, Canada, Iceland and Scandinavia should keep an eye on the sky in the nights ahead.

I never seem to get tired of these pictures lol :) That is another dream of mine. I would love to see the northern lights once. That would be an amazing thing to see. Has anyone here on JIWB seen the northern lights?? If so I would love to here about it!

Again I want to thank you all very much. You all ROCK! Have a wonderful day bloggers. I will check in again real soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post! I enjoy reading older comments and pics, from your blog. I remember when you first started posting on Mikes blog, then one day I found you had a blog of your own.

You have always been so enthusiasitc about the weather, and very good at keeping us updated. You are very much appricated.

Thanks Justin for all you do and have done.

Have a wonderful day!

Teri in Laf

Anonymous said...

Justin you can tell your message was from deep within your heart. You do a super job of blogging and keeping us all informed! CONGRATS!!

Blessings to you and yours!

MA In REM

Anonymous said...

Justin,you do a great job. Do you go to school or are you home schooled? You have a real career in meteorology if you get a degree. Then we can see you on TV and read your blog. Keep up the good work.

Barbie in Frankfort