Saturday, September 19, 2009

Beautiful Sky Soon Rain Will Fly.

I just wanted to check in with you all on this wonderful weekend to give you all the latest info I have on the rain expected for tomorrow / Sunday. You can see in this picture above I just took this evening around 7:00pm. Yes, it is the beautiful cirrocummulua clouds AKA Mackerel Sky. So why am I showing you all this if I came to talk about rain?? Well, it is the age old saying! "Mackerel sky soon rain will fly" And that is what I came to talk about.

I do still see scattered rain showers in our forecast however storms will not be a threat! This is good news as always. So I currently look for the main heavy rainfall to be to our south and then to our east this time around. This is where they could pick up over three quarters of an inch with locally higher amounts. Lafayette, however is looking for rainfall between a tenth and a quarter inch possible with a few locally higher amounts possible in areas. We will see clouds slowly start to move in between now and early tomorrow. Then scattered rain showers shortly after. Winds will be calm between 10 and 15 mph. I look for highs in the middle 70s and lows in the middle 50s.

This should feel like a nice cool autumn day. I will check back again if needed. Until then have a wonderful weekend. And don't forget your umbrella! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got a small drink of .03 overnight.

MA in REM