Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yesterday Was The Hottest Day So Far This Year!! And Also Had Some Of The Most Beautiful Pictures!!

Well, Mary Anne, shows us above how things started looking yesterday evening with all those towering cumulus clouds and or storm clouds to our south west..... I also got to see many of these clouds around the area as Me my Sister and my Grandma went out for a nice drive through the country to get some film for my new music video I'M working on! I will have to post a link to it when it is all finished! Now back the the towering clouds lol.... I was out taking some film and was hearing some light thunder rumbles to my northwest moving southeast. I could tell nothing was severe however there where many clouds just like this one Mary Anne, shows us above! Over all the sky was just beautiful in more ways then one! Below you can see how the sun was hitting these towering clouds that evening.
First off a big thank you to Mary Anne, and Teri, For sending in these Wonderful Pictures!! Teri, sends in this picture above as the sun was setting over the Lafayette, area last night! I love that Fire red color hitting the clouds! And it goes along with the heat of the day as well! Fire red color with Fire hot temperatures! We had one of the hottest days of the year so far with Lafayette's, high temperature of 96.6*F degrees!!!! We even hit a heat index temperature of 106*F degrees!!!! It was no wonder we had a heat advisory out over much of the WLFI viewing area! You figure our average high temperature for this time of year is around 85*F degrees and our record high set back in 1988 of 97*F degrees, We was mighty close!!!! Only 0.4* degrees shy of the record!!!! So close yet so far!!!! We ALMOST smashed it! ;]Now back to the sky yesterday! You can see this picture above that yours truly took yesterday evening of the beautiful Cirrocummulua clouds also known as Mackerel sky!! Mackerel Sky is there nickname because if you really look at them closely they look like they are rippled or like fish scales.... This is how things looked just a few hours after those towering clouds passed.... Mackerel sky is known as an omen of good weather! and that is just what we seen last night! However today will be another story!!!! Why, you ask?? Well, read on! ;)


Today we are going to be tracking some more scattered thunderstorms across the area! Yes, today late morning / this afternoon we will be looking for some more widespread Thunderstorms over the WLFI viewing area. These storms are coming from our northwest in the Iowa, areas! We are currently looking at CAPE anywhere between 2,500J/kg to 3,500J/kg along with Lifted Index around -4 to -8 possible. In other words we will become pretty unstable today. Enough to fire up a few more storms anyhow! The National Weather Service does have us in that Slight risk for severe area today which is another reason why we will not rule out a possible stray strong storm or two just yet! We will be looking for rainfall between a quarter inch and a half inch possible with higher amounts expected in storms!

You all already know I will be popping in through out the day today with more updates! Also in storm updates (If Needed!)

And last but not least I did get a few pictures yesterday while I was filming and I thought you all would enjoy this picture below! This was taken over the Wea, creek. Have a wonderful day Bloggers! I will check back later on today as needed.......... See Ya Then....................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the contrast in pictures, Justin. From the angry cloud tops to the serenity of the stream, it is quite a beautiful summer scene.

Teri those cloud tops are beautiful!

MA In REM

Brow said...

Great pics everyone!

I did get a chance to see some clouds like that yesterday but no camera handy at the time.

Yep, checking the forecasts with one eye open right now. I see that we are in the 2% risk for tornadoes and 15% for hail.

Anyone else ready for it to cool off yet? :D

Anonymous said...

Mary Ann, looks almost like the same cloud,that we got a shot of:)

Was a beautiful day for cloud watching,

I am not ready for more storms yet I am for a cool down. Have your camera ready today Brow:)

Justin, cant wait to see your next video the last couple were awesome!

Later gang...

Teri

Anonymous said...

Oh and Justin, a beautiful pic of the Wea Creek, just dont get in that water! A shame I used to wade in it when I was a kid, now that water is so polluted.

I still love to go there because it is sp pretty.

Teri