Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update As Of 8:14PM..........The Rain Is Just About Here As The Winds Have Slowed Down A Bit!

Here is the latest update! You can see the line is right on our door steep and will be here shortly! Now I still think our severe weather threat will stay low and our main threats are still the Gusty winds at times which have slowed a bit. I will talk about that here in just a minute. But first above is the latest satellite radar image and you can see where the most lightning strikes are at at this time. I have put a line around the area. Now currently I'M not picking up to many lightning strikes in Central IL, which is a good sign but I would not count out thunder! I still think we will hear something. But this just shows you where the main part of this storm is!

Now we was seeing the winds gusting to 40 mph there for awhile. Now the latest gust I have was around 29 mph so we are still between 30 and 35 mph. Even Danville IL, is seeing the gust start to slow to only between 30 and 35 mph. As well as central IL, between 35 and 40 mph. Now I still think we could see some gusts to 40 mph in the storms so don't let your guard down by any means. And still be careful if driving. We will start to see the winds die off by morning as most head out and by the looks of the latest it should be a much better looking day!

I will check back off and on as needed..........

No comments: