Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where's the rain going to hit?????

There is already rain up in Jasper County, Newton County, and Benton County, from a light rain to a Heavy rain. We here in Tippecanoe County, we got so far a total rain of a Trace or a mist if you will. But our rainfall totals should start to pick up as the day gos on as I showed you all it the map on my last post. I have my Doppler Radar up and running and I have some good news. Looking at the NWS we are not in a severe weather risk at this time. Yes it still could change but as for right now I think it will be a mostly rain event. The reason I think this will be a mostly rain event is because I'M only expecting a high of around 72* tonight's low of around 47* So I don't think this is a strong warm front so I don't think there will be much warm air mass to fire up any strong / severe storms. Although you all know I'M not going anywhere I will stay right here just to be safe. Here is the latest on what the NWS has to say.

MODEL GUIDANCE IS IN GENERAL AGREEMENT THAT A MORE ORGANIZED LINEAR CONVECTIVE SYSTEM WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING AHEAD OF PRIMARY UPPER TROUGH OVER PARTS OF IL/MO/IND. FORECAST SOUNDINGS SHOW SUFFICIENT DEEP LAYER VERTICAL SHEAR IN THIS REGION FOR EMBEDDED BOW/LEWP CONFIGURATIONS CAPABLE OF GUSTY WINDS. WEAK LAPSE RATES SHOULD LIMIT THE THREAT OF HAIL...AND STRONGLY VEERED NEAR-SURFACE WINDS SHOULD LIMIT LOW LEVEL SHEAR AND TORNADO THREAT.


Also we could see some wind gusts here in Tippecanoe County, between 20 to 30 mph and maybe a little higher in our northern Counties. Still we are looking at an expected rainfall total of around Three quarters of an inch possible. If anything changes I will let you know. But for now enjoy your day and I will babysit the Doppler Radar.....:-)

No comments: