Friday, October 24, 2008

Rain storm Stefanie, is coming through.

Hey there.. Well today was not all that was expected with that dry slot being stronger then expected keeping most of the rain to our north and south however we did not miss out on our expected rainfall totals as I have .50" here in my gauge and I will be sure to post more rainfall totals from rain storm Stefanie, as they come in. Now we do still have another system of rain coming here soon so we are not done yet..... And we will add to our rainfall totals once again..
Here is some of what I have been looking at on my radar take a look below.....

This is a radar taken at 9:05pm this is our 2nd batch of rain on the way.

Now I have been watching the weather maps for Sunday for some high winds. The maps I have are showing some isobars packed tight together which means high winds. Now the question is how high and how long will they be?? Well they should be between 35 and 40 Mph and some could gusts as high as 45Mph. And they should last through out most of the day Sunday. And should really start to clear out and start to look a lot better by Monday. So if you have to drive any ware on Sunday you should allow yourself some extra time. And take it slow because remember when you are out on a road in the open area the winds could be even higher.

Also with the high winds remember we will have a wind chill. With our expected high for Sunday as of now being only 48*. Now also being Indiana the tempature still has time to change and if it dose I will let you know.

So for now enjoy going to sleep with the light rain tapping the window..... I will check back in the morning with your total Stefanie, rain amounts.....

No comments: