Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The latest winter outlook you don't want to miss this!!!!!



We had more frost today well this morning and boy was it cold I had a report of 36* at around 6:00am from right here in the Lafayette area COLD but soooooo NICE!! :-) Now I said I would check into your winter outlook and post it here and I always keep my promises.... But first here is a few ways to help tell what the up coming winter will be like from no other then our Mother Nature. Take a look below.....This is most likely the best way to tell the winter outlook because mother nature is never wrong!!!!! Here is a picture of a Snowy owl..........Anyway the outlook still is holding up with Colder then normal and more snowfall then normal. And to Britten the light a little more on hope for a snowy winter I was looking at some surface ocean maps and I'M thinking we are in for another La-Nina winter jet stream pattern this year which is what we had last year. As you most likely know La-Nina jet stream is what will bring us the mid-west more snowfall then normal so this just adds to the snow lovers hope!!!!! Take a look and you will see why I'M thinking La-Nina this year.....
You can see the dark blue and purple color which is very cold water to help explain just what La-Nina and El-Nino really is go to this link it will show you all you need to know with an anamation it is really easy and cool..... El Niño and La Niña So a cold and snowy winter is in the forecast but if I'M saying this and the NWS is saying a mild and above normal temperatures who do we believe????? Let me point out that last year the NWS said (Above normal Temps and below normal snowfall) The almanac said Just as they are saying this tear (Wild wet cold and snowy) And not to mention I have given you all some tips as to how mother nature will let us all know the real answer..... So keep warm and I will keep you all updated on your rain coming real soon..........

No comments: