Friday, September 12, 2008

Weekend forecast and a wet one it is.....

Well Hurricane Ike is one of the biggest hurricane's I have ever seen in my life! And it will bring us our biggest rainfall of the year!. Here is the latest picture of Ike.

Ike is still currently a CAT 2 hurricane and as of now I think it will stay a CAT 2 when it make's landfall. The MAX wind's have been 110 mph to become a CAT 3 the wind's need to be at 111 mph so yes it is close but the MAX wind's have been at 110 mph all day and it is in the warm water's now and still is a CAT 2 so I think it will stay a CAT 2 hurricane when it make's landfall. Now for what we can expect for this weekend back here at home!. Let me tell you RAIN! The rainfall amount's still hold up at around 2 to 4" inches there is a chance we could see more in heavyer band's. Now other then flood watches we also need to watch out for high wind gusts. We could see wind gusts as high as 40mph maybe 45mph Saturday (tomorrow) later in the evening to that night! I have a feeling we all will be picking up tree limb's tomorrow! There is still a slight chance of some Sca-T storm's later that night into early early morning Sunday but as of now nothing is set in stone I will have more on this tomorrow. Yes we can still expect some low land flooding as well. So we have a wild weekend ahead of us and I will do my best to keep you all with the latest info.

And now Bless all who is in the path of Ike and let them all be safe.....

I will see you soon.....

No comments: